Written by Margaret Muthee
As the wind blows amidst all,
I hear the sound of drumbeats
Slowly getting louder.
Is someone singing a dirge?
Never thought it’d end this way
But you know?
It’s good for you
Good for me
Good for us.
There’s a fight within me
I know I’ve got to make
A decision for life…
One who’s strong I need,
Person who will hold me down
Through the dark and the light
Through the gloom and bloom.
The drumbeats are so near,
The mist I must clear
And I fear…
I hate causing a tear,
But it’s a step I must take dear.
Please do bear?
- Meet the Poet: Margaret Muthee (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Poem:You are a Masterpiece (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to Poem Attic (poemattic.wordpress.com)
- Poem: Question (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Poem: Three Words (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Poem of the day: “Magic” (jmsewingstudio.com)
- Rumi: Say I Am You (Sufi poem) (elanoflife.wordpress.com)
- don’t stop moving (thedeepestpartoftheocean.wordpress.com)
- I Sang a Poem (o1iman.wordpress.com)