Amid the chaos of civilians fleeing west in a provincial German railway station in 1945, Helene has brought her seven-year-old son with her. Having survived with him through the horrors and deprivations of the war years, she abandons him at the station platform and never returns.
This is a tale of hope, loneliness and love; of a life lived in terrible times; the story of a family, an era, and a fascinating woman.
Excerpts from the novel will be read in English and German byNgwatilo Mawiyoo and Susan Nadolny respectively.
- Conversations with Goethe (julienmatei.com)
- Event: AMKA Literature Forum (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Young Goethe in Love: Germany’s Sturm und Drang Rock Star (seattleweekly.com)
- Day 1: My Plan for Literature (nyssasgreprep.wordpress.com)
- German-Language Literature Gets an Upgrade (chiefwritingwolf.com)
- Literature on Urban Exploration (knudsens.wordpress.com)