PEN Kenya is glad to announce and cordially invite all PEN Members resident in Nairobi as key participant/speaker at high profile PEN TALK and Literary Discussions in honor of visiting Czech academic and author Dr Prof Marketa. Prof Marketa who has worked at PEN International secretariat arrives in the country next week on Tuesday March 6 in the morning. She will stay at Panafric Hotel. Here is the programme of activities:
PEN Kenya Centre has arranged three major events for the two days Prof Marketa will be in Nairobi before going to Maasai Mara.
2 – The discussions will range from PEN Kenya Centre programmes, fundraising, and outward possible – hosting an international writers conference in Nairobi in future. These discussions will be cupped by readings from PEN Members published books and poetry performance.
3 – On Wednesday March 7 in the morning PEN and Prof Marketa will be hosted by the Department of Linguistics at the University of Nairobi for a literary talk on methodologies and theories of translations and Czech literature.
4 – On Wednesday March 7 in the afternoon, PEN and Czech academic will visit a community of artists at Jericho, in Nairobi’s Eastlands where we shall have poetry, music, and storytelling performances.
5 – Kindly, all are invited. Bring a friend or three. And your book for Smitta and LitPostcard. Have a super week. For queries call Khainga on +254 722 96 71 33
- PEN International Kenya Chapter:Thomas Sankara Commemorative Reading Event (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- PEN International Kenya Chapter:Thomas Sankara Reading Event (literarychronicles.wordpress.com)
- The Homeward Journey Begins – Nairobi, Kenya (travelpod.com)
- Beauty of the week: Marketa (marciokenobi.wordpress.com)
- Out of Nairobi: Lake Nakuru National Park (deadtoenails.com)
- It’s just one of those days… (nessainkenya.wordpress.com)